HOME                  SHOP                  ABOUT                  PORTFOLIO

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Who remembers film?

This is completely unrelated to my collection, but I feel like taking a break. At the beginning of summer I bought a Superheadz Blue Ribbon camera on eBay, and spent most of the summer gleefully taking photos of anything and everything. It's a cheap little plastic camera with a super wide angle lens and awesome velvety finish (hard to describe but it contributes greatly to the picture taking experience!). I'd forgotten how much fun a little film camera can be, peeking through the tiny viewfinder and winding the film on after every photo. Then there's the fun of getting the film back and finding photos you'd forgotten about taking! I got my first digital camera when I was 11 (it was a Mavica! does anyone remember those?! They used floppy disks instead of memory cards) so I think I have improved a little bit at photography since I last used a film camera, and hopefully won't waste as many photos as I did back then. It's one of the interesting parts of coming back to film after over ten years of digital - really thinking out each shot and deciding 'Is this worth taking a photo of?'. I've also noticed that film has gotten a lot harder to find than when I was little! Damn digital revolution.
I'm trying to really get to know the camera properly so when I go to Paris & London in the mid-year break, I'll be a total pro and come back and impress you all with exciting artsy fartsy photos.

13

013

9

20

7

16

29

06

012

016

8

15

5

6

09

10

While I'm being completely off-topic, I think I might go and see this little guy again tomorrow:
DSC09932
(that was taken with my digital camera - see the difference?)

No comments: