HOME                  SHOP                  ABOUT                  PORTFOLIO

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Our market stall









We had such a fun day at the markets on Saturday! It was great to be back at UTS and meeting so many lovely people on Open Day. We did pretty well for the day considering that not many people knew about the market, the alphabet rings were a best seller! 
I also had fun catching up with other students who had stalls and some of my teachers who dropped by. The market had a few stalls from fashion students, some from Industrial Design and lots of yummy food stalls. Oh, and I won a bag of popcorn for throwing a ball at a target so that was pretty exciting.

I'm currently moving my shop back to Etsy - I don't like their interface as much as bigcartel (which is what I'm using at the moment) but I do like that they have a solid customer base already there and there are lots of good opportunities to publicise your work. Anyway at the moment the bags are still at the old store (here) and the Etsy store has some Alphabet rings and pretzel necklaces. It's all still in transition mode though so I'll let you know when it's done!

Syb's stall - she's in fourth year

Project Menagerie - I love the idea of this. The first year students designed some motifs, set up some screens and have spent the last few weeks madly printing t-shirts to sell at the markets. Isn't that cool? I bought a t-shirt from them.

s.e.v by Sarah - a third year student & awesome model!

Some of Sarah's jewellery

This is the t-shirt I got from Project Menagerie!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all looks great, those alphabet rings was a fun detail, but my favorite are the pretzel necklaces. The blue one's perticulary. And that shirt you bought had an really nice motif, like it!

thekellytang said...

Wow this is so amazing!! Is this a show for your school? I wish our school did something like that!

<3 Kelly

AsianCajuns Lar said...

You stall looks awesome, Ali! I love those necklaces and those booties!! I'm so impressed that you guys find time to do school and crafts! That's amazing!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Oh, how gorgeous are all your products. So much lovely colour.

ginevra said...

Let us all know when you put the booties up in your store ... please ;)

Celsy said...

Those necklaces are so lovely! they remind me of play dough, ahh yum :)

Chris (tinytines.com) said...

Girl, your booth looked AMAZING!!! I would be super interested in wearing your designs.. so playful and colourful <3 <3