HOME                  SHOP                  ABOUT                  PORTFOLIO

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!



Yay, it's 2014! I like even numbers. I thought I'd be really original and do a New Year's post about what I did in 2013 and plans for 2014.

Things I did in 2013

Celebrated the first moments of the year on our rooftop in Manila surrounded by fireworks in every direction
Did regular outfit drawings for awhile
Created a small ready-to-wear collection that I'm still pretty proud of
Got married (obviously this was the major highlight of the year!)
Travelled a lot - to Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, and lots of places around the Philippines such as Boracay, Bohol, Baguio and Palawan.
Re-designed my website
Made more costumes for Rollergirl Promotions
Made some awesome sixties bridesmaid dresses
Changed the focus of my business to custom made bridal wear
Started experimenting with watercolour illustrations
Made some bridal samples
Came home to Australia for Christmas
...and just because I like to keep track of these things, I reached my goal of reading 45 books this year (up from 42 last year).

Things I plan on doing in 2014:

Make lots of bridal samples
Start making bridal accessories - sashes, veils, headpieces etc
Create a custom made wedding dress for an Australian bride
Go to Japan
Move back to Sydney
Attend the Blogcademy
Blog more consistently
Paint regularly
Read at least 48 books

I realised in looking back over the year that I don't take nearly enough photos of the fun things we do. I take plenty of photos for instagram during my work day, but when I'm not working, I hardly ever think to take photos for myself. I'm proud of myself for knowing how to live in the moment and have fun, but I always find myself later wishing that I had at least one photo to capture the experience. Last night we spent New Year's Eve at an amazing house with a perfect view of Sydney Harbour, watching the fireworks and all the beautifully lit boats. Great photo opportunity, right? I didn't even think to get my phone out all night. I was too busy enjoying the view! So this year I'm going to work on finding the balance between documenting the fun stuff, and still allowing myself to enjoy the moments properly.
Happy 2014!

No comments: