HOME                  SHOP                  ABOUT                  PORTFOLIO

Friday, March 26, 2010

The year ahead

I thought I should start off this blog by introducing my major project for this year. The design side of things hasn't quite started yet, but I've had a pretty good idea of my theme since Christmas and have been collecting inspiration ever since.
This is the inspiration board that sits next to my desk:

board

As you can see I have a pretty strong obsession with anything related to Britain in the sixties. My dissertation is about fashion boutiques in 1960s London, and their role in creating the whole 'Swinging London' scene. My collection will be inspired by London's streets, with a strong sixties influence. It will be a textiles-based collection of six looks to be shown at the end of this year.
I'll be using this blog like an online design journal, compiling inspiration for the collection and documenting the design process.

No comments: