HOME                  SHOP                  ABOUT                  PORTFOLIO

Monday, December 17, 2012

Hand dyed fabrics for new collection


Before I left Australia, I visited my mum and we had a fun day hand-dyeing lots of fabrics with different shibori or tie-dyed techniques. Most of these techniques involve folding, scrunching or rolling fabrics up and then dyeing them - so you never really see what the final design looks like until it's completely dried and ironed. I never got to see all of them together, so one of the first things I did when I got into our new apartment was iron all the fabrics and stick them up all over the walls of my work room. I love how they all look together!


I'll be using a lot of the fabrics for the next collection - as you can see the pieces are really small, so anything I make from them will be completely one-of-a-kind!


Can you see that little girl on a t-shirt in the corner? You'll see more of her soon!


Which one is your favourite?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, I particularly love the circle drops in the top let triangle in your little creative edit :)